Fitness & Wellness
In compliance with current state and county public health orders, we are operating in a limited capacity with strict safety protocols in place for both patrons and staff. Check out the Recreation Center page for more specific facility information.
Rec Center Fitness Floor - upper level
- Ages 12 & older
- Drop-in use now available
- Free style use of fitness area upstairs
- No access to lockers or locker rooms
- Please come dressed/prepared for your workout
Rules & Protocols
- Face masks must be worn while in the facility. Mask-wearing requirements apply to everyone indoors, including people exercising. If you are in an indoor room with other patrons who are not a part of your household, then you need to wear a mask.
You may remove it temporarily if you need to catch your breath or safely perform an activity, but wear a mask as much as feasible
- Fitness equipment has been spaced out or taped off to accommodate physical distancing. Please maintain 6' distance from others as much as possible while working out.
- Staff will be cleaning and disinfecting equipment, but we expect all participants continue to wipe down/clean all equipment when you are done using it.
- Two-sided red/green cards are placed at each machine. The green side indicates the machine has been cleaned/disinfected by staff and is ready to use. When finished using a machine, please wipe it down and turn the card over to red to indicate that the machine was used and needs to be cleaned/disinfected by staff.
- There will be a designated area marked in blue tape to return used equipment (dumbbells, kettlebells, etc.) to. Please wipe down the equipment and then place it there for staff to clean/disinfect also.
Group fitness classes are available at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center in a limited capacity with restrictions. View Fitness Class Schedule (PDF)
50+ Fitness & Dance Classes
Many of your favorite 50+ fitness and dance classes are offered live on ZOOM (and some in person also). Follow along with our instructors and participate from the comfort and safety of your home. Classes are offered in one-month sessions and you may register for as many classes as you want. Registration and payment is required for all virtual classes. Once registered, you will receive a link/code to join the class.
SilverSneakers and ReNEW Active members are eligible for discounts.
We have a library of recorded fitness classes available for FREE on our YouTube channel you can check out anytime!
50+ Fitness & Dance Classes
Fitness and dance classes are available either virtually via Zoom or in-person at the Active Adult Center, or both. Some classes take place outdoors during the summer months. Classes are offer in one month sessions. SilverSneakers and ReNEW Active members are eligible for discounts.
Registration is required for all programs due to limited capacity.
View classes and register online or call 303-231-1300.
For Zoom classes, once registered, you will receive an email with a link/code to join the class.