Sun Camp, Fun Camp!
Keep your child(ren) active and engaged during school breaks!
Wheat Ridge Sun Camp is a state-licensed day camp for children ages 6 to 13; offered during Jefferson County Public Schools’ spring, summer and winter breaks.
Sun Camp daily activities include arts and crafts, board games, gym time, climbing on the Climbing Wall, swimming at Anderson Pool, outdoor play at surrounding parks and exploration along the Wheat Ridge Greenbelt. Other fun activities may include bike riding, water play, community service projects and special guest presentations.
The maximum number of children we can provide care for each day has expanded to 60. Even with this growth we are still very committed to getting to know each child and build lasting relationships with families like yours year after year!
Small groups will be established following Jefferson County Public Health guidelines and based on similar ages and interests.
Our friendly and energetic staff know how to have fun, yet our first priority will always be the safety and well being of your child. All camp staff are required to complete 22 hours of training annually, and are American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED Certified. Whether your child is attending camp for the first time or returning for the fifth summer in a row, thank you for choosing and trusting us to care for your child!
Sun Camp Objectives
- Build self-confidence through a variety of group and team-building activities.
- Encourage the development of new friendships.
- Practice positive discipline techniques and help children develop and use conflict resolution skills.
- Provide a safe, accepting and caring environment for each child.
See registration page for details.
- Annual Registration Fee: $40/child
- Summer Adventure Pass - $2000 for all 10 weeks
SAVE $250 when you register for the whole summer!
- Daily Rate (non field trip days): $45/day
- Sibling Discounted Daily Rate: $40/day (same day registration)
- Field Trip Days (TBD): additional $25/day
What to Bring Everyday
- 2 Snacks (morning and afternoon)
- Camp Swim Shirt
- Tennis Shoes
- Water Bottle
- 2 facemasks (wear one and bring an extra)