Sun Camp, Fun Camp!
Keep your child(ren) active and engaged during school breaks!
Wheat Ridge Sun Camp is a state-licensed day camp for children ages 6 to 14; offered during Jefferson County Public Schools' summer and winter breaks.
Sun Camp daily activities include amenities at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center like rock climbing, racquetball, gym time and swimming; as well as board games and arts and crafts. In the summer, we frequent nearby Wheat Ridge parks, Anderson Pool and go on exciting field trips every Wednesday!
Most activities are done as a whole group, however we split into two age groups (6 to 9 and 10 to 14) while we're in our Home Activity Rooms at the Recreation Center.
The maximum number of children we can provide care for each day is 39. While we would love to serve more children and families, our smaller camp size allows us to really get to know each child and build lasting relationships with families like yours year after year!
Our friendly and energetic staff know how to have fun, yet our first priority will always be the safety and well being of your child. All camp staff are required to complete 22 hours of training annually, and are American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED Certified. Whether your child is attending camp for the first time or returning for the fifth summer in a row, thank you for choosing and trusting us to care for your child!
Sun Camp Objectives:
- Build self-confidence through a variety of group and team-building activities.
- Encourage the development of new friendships.
- Practice positive discipline techniques and help children develop and use conflict resolution skills.
- Provide a safe, accepting and caring environment for each child.
See registration page for details.
- Annual Registration Fee: $30/child
- NEW! Adventure Pass - Save over $200 when you register for the whole summer!
- Daily Rate (non field trip days): $35
- Sibling Discounted Rate: $30/day (same day registration)
- Field Trip Wednesdays: $55 ($50/sibling)
What to Bring Everyday
- 2 Snacks (morning and afternoon)
- Camp Swim Shirt
- Tennis Shoes
- Water Bottle