Sun Camp, Fun Camp!
Keep your child(ren) active and engaged during school breaks!
Wheat Ridge Sun Camp is a state-licensed day camp for children ages 6 to 13; offered during Jefferson County Public Schools’ summer and winter breaks.
Sun Camp daily activities include arts and crafts, board games, gym time, swimming at Anderson Pool, outdoor play at Anderson Park and exploration along the Wheat Ridge Greenbelt. In the summer, we go on exciting field trips every Wednesday! Following field trips, we will head to the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center for indoor swimming and rock climbing on the Climbing Wall.
Most activities are done as a whole group, however we split into 3 smaller groups while we’re in our Home Base at the Anderson Building.
The maximum number of children we can provide care for each day has expanded to 60. Even with this growth we are still very committed to getting to know each child and build lasting relationships with families like yours year after year!
Our friendly and energetic staff know how to have fun, yet our first priority will always be the safety and well being of your child. All camp staff are required to complete 22 hours of training annually, and are American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED Certified. Whether your child is attending camp for the first time or returning for the fifth summer in a row, thank you for choosing and trusting us to care for your child!
Sun Camp Objectives
- Build self-confidence through a variety of group and team-building activities.
- Encourage the development of new friendships.
- Practice positive discipline techniques and help children develop and use conflict resolution skills.
- Provide a safe, accepting and caring environment for each child.
See registration page for details.
- Annual Registration Fee: $35/child
- Summer Adventure Pass - Save $225 when you register for all 11 weeks!
- Daily Rate (non field trip days): $40
- Sibling Discounted Rate: $35/day (same day registration)
- Field Trip Wednesdays: $65 ($60/sibling)
What to Bring Everyday
- 2 Snacks (morning and afternoon)
- Camp Swim Shirt
- Tennis Shoes
- Water Bottle