Fitness orientations include demonstrations on proper use of fitness equipment and information on safety and weight room etiquette. Free with Recreation Center admission. Please wear proper athletic shoes and attire.
Ages & Requirements
- Fitness orientations are mandatory for youth ages 8 to 17 to access the fitness floor at the Recreation Center, but are also open to adults.
- Youth ages 8 to 17 must have a valid Rec Center card prior to attending an orientation.
- Youth ages 8 to 11 must attend orientation with a parent or guardian.
- Youth ages 8 to 11 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times, and are only allowed on the fitness floor on Family Fitness Saturdays from 10 am until 5 pm.
- Youth ages 12 to 17 may use the fitness floor by themselves after completing a fitness orientation.
- Youth ages 8 to 17 are required to have their Rec Center card with them at all times. Those without their card present may be asked to leave the fitness floor.
Fitness Orientation Drop-In Hours
|12 and up||Monday||3:30-5:30pm|
|12 and up||Tuesdays & Thursdays||12:00-2:00pm|
Fitness Orientation Registration-Based Options
*Registration required. Register online at www.rootedinfun.com/register.
Adapted Fitness Orientation
Modified to accommodate your specific needs. Available by request.
Call our Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator at 303-231-1317.