- Facilities & Rentals
- Recreation Center
- Indoor Pools
Rec Center Pools Temporarily Closed Beginning May 27thBeginning May 27th (Anderson Pool opening date) the Recreation Center pools and spa will be CLOSED due to a lifeguard staffing shortage. At this time, all Aqua Exercise classes will also be moved to Anderson Pool. We apologize the for the inconvenience. Read on...
Rec Center Pool Schedules
At this time, the Recreation Center pools and spa will be closed with Anderson Pool's opening on May 27th due to a lifeguard staffing shortage (Learn more about the Nationwide Lifeguard Shortage in this Gazette article written by our Aquatics Supervisor, Barb Kloberdanz). All Aqua Exercise classes will also be moved to Anderson Pool until further notice. View the summer 2023 aqua exercise schedule here (PDF).
See the Anderson Pool schedule here.
We apologize for the inconvenience and are hopeful that we will be able to hire enough lifeguards for the summer season to open up some availability at the Rec Center Pools.
We are looking to hire AT LEAST 50 more lifeguards this season, and have both part time Head and Regular Lifeguards as well as Full-Time Head Lifeguard positions available.
New, seasonal lifeguard hires (not Full-Time Head Lifeguards) are eligible for some amazing perks:
- $300 sign on bonus for new hires signed on by July 1st
- $100 end of season bonus for new hires
- Free facility passes to the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center, Anderson Building & Pool, and Active Adult Center (taxable benefit)
- Scholarship opportunity
- Free training and certification for eligible lifeguard candidates
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team as a Lifeguard, please go to www.rootedinfun.com/jobs to learn more and apply!
Note: Hours and capacity may vary based on staffing issues. Please call the Rec Center front desk at (303) 231-1300 to confirm hours before your visit.
Please subscribe to our Notify Me! program at www.rootedinfun.com/notifyme to get pool schedule updates sent directly to you.
Rules & Restrictions
- Proper swim attire is required. Street clothes and cotton are not permitted.
- State health regulations require full head and body shower to be taken before entering pools.
- We ask that all pool attendees follow the rules outlined in the PDF here to ensure the safety of all guests.
- Ages 16 & older.
- First come, first serve guests must share lanes as the pool fills up. May be restricted due to programming.
- Use of lap pool is for lap swim, therapeutic or aqua exercise only. This summer our Aqua Exercise classes will be held at Anderson Pool! View the summer 2023 aqua exercise schedule here (PDF).
- This summer our Aqua Exercise classes will be held at Anderson Pool! View the summer 2023 aqua exercise schedule here (PDF).
- See information on group swimming lessons here.