Virtual Rec Center
Welcome to the City of Wheat Ridge’s Virtual Recreation Center! Our goal is to continue to connect you to fun, education and helpful resources during this difficult time. We are committed to ensuring that our community has resources to maintain healthy lives, connect with others and find your fun! In these challenging times, our Virtual Recreation Center will bring these programs and resources right to you and your family.
Visit this page often or follow us on Facebook for new updates and ideas. Please note that we do not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Participation in these programs is done at your own risk. Review our liability waiver before proceeding.
If you would like to help support Parks & Recreation during this time, make a donation to the Wheat Ridge Community Foundation. Suggested donation of $5/class.
- Math!! Worksheets, Puzzles, and more!
- Home Cooked Recipes!
- Coloring Sheets
- Craft Craziness!
- Creative DIY Outdoor Activities for Kids
- Minature Sunset in a Bottle Craft
- Slime Time- Make slime from home
- Melted Crayon Rock Art Craft
- Water Safety for Families - Red Cross
- Volunteer to be a Tree Steward!
- Shin’s Academy Taekwondo
- Now We’re Cooking - Star Wars Pancakes!
- Fun Fitness for Kids
- Storytime with Ms. Beth - "I’m Not Afraid of the Dark"
We have a vault of recorded fitness classes from many of our awesome instructors on our YouTube Channel for you to check out anytime!
- Pickleball 101- Learn how to play!
- Basketball Shooting Games & Free Throw Drills
- Challenger Soccer- Learn the Neck Balance Move
- Sports Skills Challenge- Week 1- Dribbling Through Cones
- Sports Skills Challenge- Week 2- Volleyball Bumping
- Sports Skills Challenge- Week 3- Soccer Dribbling Through Cones
- Sports Skills Challenge- Week 4- Jump Roping
- Sports Skills Challenge- Week 5- Volleyball Passing
- Sports Skills Challenge- Week 6- Basketball Shooting
- Frisbee Fun w/ Coach Robin
- Parachute Party w/ Coach Robin
- Basics of Running Your 1st Mile
- Strength and Stretch for Youth Athletes- Workout 1
- Strength and Stretch for Youth Athletes- Workout 2
- Strength and Stretch for Youth Athletes- Workout 3
- Strength and Stretch for Youth Athletes- Workout 4
- Strength and Stretch for Youth Athletes- Workout 5
- Strength and Stretch for Youth Athletes- Workout 6
- Strength and Stretch for Youth Athletes- Workout 7
- Strength and Stretch for Youth Athletes- Workout 8
- Throwing 101 with Coach Robin
- Catching 101 with Coach Robin
- Running Exercises with Will from CARA Track
Virtual Trips & Outdoor Recreation
- Stormfront Barber Shop Quartet/Comedy Show
- Virtual Hike - Aspen Loop Trail – Staunton State Park
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science from Home
- National Geographic Virtual Travel
- Ramber Ranch Tour Sample
- Terry Bison Ranch Tour Sample
- Staunton State Park in Pictures
- Virtual Walk-Roxborough State Park
- Dazzle Jazz Club-Online Stage
- The Fort- Virtual Tour
- Alaska-Images from the travel film on assignment
- Waterton Canyon Trail in Pictures